Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Nanowrimo. It's not as hard as it sounds....

Perhaps I can thank my summer of "training" with an eye towards increasing my daily word counts, but popping out 1667 words (the Nanowrimo daily minimum) went by quickly. So quickly that by 3 am. last night I had over 2300 words. Then I slept for a while, got up, and spun out another 1678 words.

Normally, writing doesn't come this easily for me.

Then again, given the short time frame in which the nano powers that be give their participants to reach 50,000 words, I did something that, given more leisurely circumstances, you couldn't pay me to do.

I. Wrote. An. Outline. (gulp. gasp! shhhhhh!)

And it was good. I am re-thinking my life as a seat of the pants writer. So if that's all this month of living by the almighty word count accomplishes for me--how to weave a compelling story--then I've already won.

Good luck everyone. It's really not as hard as it sounds.

Then again, ask me how I feel about this post mid-month!

1 comment:

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Hi Tina,

I have two boys with autism and a daughter "on the edge" of aspergers. In other words, she's a clone of me LOL.

Good luck with Nano! I'd love to heaer more about your boy.

Liane