Wednesday, November 07, 2007

OMG OMG OMG It's RILLY REAL!

I know, I risk sounding like a breezy cheerleader type with the title of this post, but baby, if I had pompoms, I'd be shaking them right now--for MOI!

I got my first contract in the mail today, from Red Sage Publishing, along with a lovely "welcome to the Red Sage family" note. This is the publisher that I targeted as my "first sale" publisher on my birthday of last year. I can't believe it truly happened. But you know what? There's no substute for

1) Butt in Chair, Hands on Keyboard

2) Finishing the stories I start...no matter how awful they seem during that dreaded middle.

Nano and Seventy Days of Sweat are going well. Nothing fires up the muse like the sound of "cha-ching!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your sale, Liane! I'm crossing my fingers for your Brava Novella entry ;) Here I thought I was sweating along like a brave little writer, but you're an all out Schwartzeneger!

Your site and blog are awesome, I love the anti-Barbie thing you have going on. My nickname in high school was Gothic Death Bitch, btw. I love pink now, but I make sure to mix it with a respectable amount of black LOL

Best wishes!
Elle
(from Sven)

Liane Gentry Skye said...

OMG, I love that. Gothic Death Bitch. You realize, of course, that this *will* show up in a story sometime LOL.

I have this one going about a Fairy Gothmother that I'm dying to do something with. ;c)